I have just returned from the OBF today and will have some updated pictures, stories and all. Stay tuned as I will share with all the doings at OBF 25.
Here are some OBF Stats –
– 25th year of the festival
– 84 handcraft beers are poured in the main tents; two of these are gluten-free.
– There are 82 participating breweries, including Collaborator
– 14 states are represented: 1 from Alaska, 1 from Arizona, 13 from California, 3 from Colorado, 1 from Delaware, 1 from Florida, 2 from Hawaii, 2 from Minnesota, 1 from Missouri, 1 from New Jersey, 44 from Oregon , 4 from Utah, 7 from Washington and 1 from Wisconsin.
– Kona Brewing Co traveled the furthest at 2,600 miles; Maui Brewing Co was a close second at 2,566 miles; Dogfish Head was third at 2,439 miles
– The highest alcohol beer is Dogfish Head’s Positive Contact, an experimental beer style, at 9%ABV.
– The lowest alcohol beer is a tie between Beer Valley Brewing’s Oregonberry Wheat Ale, and Full Sail Brewing Co’s Brewers Share Chris’ Summer Delight Berliner Weiss, both at 4%ABV.
– There are nearly 40 beer styles represented. The most popular styles are India Pale Ale and Pale Ale, followed by fruit beers and herb and spice beers.
– Number of volunteers at the festival: 2,000+
– There are 6 breweries bringing organic beers: Bison Brewing Co, Eel River Brewing Co, Fort George Brewery, Hopworks Urban Brewery, Logsdon Farmhouse Ales, Mt. Emily Ale House, Old Market Pub & Brewery.
– Continuing trend: Fruit Beers. For years, 21st Amendment’s Watermelon Wheat has been the festival’s top seller. This has not gone unnoticed by other brewers, and fruit beers have increased every year. Although 21st Amendment decided to bring a non-fruit beer this year, there are plenty for the fans to choose from, including beers made with cherries, raspberries, pomegranate, strawberries and more.
– Of interest: Brewers are finding inspiration in innovation, rather than just piling on ingredients and alcohol. This year’s lineup averages 6.2%ABVand 39 IBU, which is fairly moderate compared to years past.
– Until OBF 26 Cheers to you…