71. What was your first beer you ever drank?
Hard to know for sure but Dad was partial to Orginal Coors Banquet beer back in the day.
82. What was your first Craft Beer you ever had and what did you think?
My dad upgraded to Samuel Adams at some point so that would have to be it.
3. How did you get start in brewing? Homebrewer? Etc??? What was the first batch you ever made?
I started out as a beer drinker in College before turning to homebrewing. I was given a kit for my graduation present.
First beer we attempted was a dry Irish stout that was neither dry nor very Irish tasting. Thankfully this is not the case anymore.
4-1. What is your favorite beer you have ever made? And why?
There is no such thing as a favorite beer. I love all my children equally. That being said Collaborating with my great friends on Isabelle Proximus certainly ranks up there.
5c. If you had to live for the rest of your life with only drinking one beer and not one of your own. Who and what beer/brewery?
I’d probably choose Sierra Nevada Celebration. It remains one of the few beers I buy year over year and never tire of.
6d-1. What is your favorite beer style?
Most like Saison or Farmhouse for the variety of expressions possible.
67. If you could create a whole new style of beer what would it be?
I would create a 100% All Brettanomyces fermented pumpkin beer
998. Favorite sport and team?
I love most sports but can’t really stand the traveling that takes place in the NBA so count me out. I have been known to nap through Sunday’s with guys named Junior, Dale and others making high speed left turns.
9. What is your ultimate session beer?
Nodding Head Berlinner Weisse. So much damn flavor
A) What music do love to listen to while brewing?
I am famous around here for my love of hair metal, spandex and Neil Diamond (not nececssarily in that order)
24. Favorite hop(s)
Centennial and Simcoe together in harmony like ebony and ivory
13 What is your go to liquor?
Tequila if we’re mixing and bourbon if we’re not
15. What is your favorite movie Quote?
El Queso esta Viejo y Putrido (The Cheese is old and Moldy from Encino Man)… I also have to give a shout out to Pepe from The Three Amigos for his Plethora or Plethora’s and Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men for “You can’t handle the truth…”
0. Are you on twitter (@Twitter name) what is your favorite twitter #hashtag?
17. Morning person or Night person?
Being in this business and traveling a lot makes me both.
I run for early AM airplanes after having overindulged the night before
44. What is your favorite Hot sauce?
The three alarm stuff my brother makes. Burns good.
17. If you could ask me BrewDad one question what would it be?
Do you believe in ghosts?
My Answer is – Hell yes but only at night time in the woods looking for Sasquatch.