So after I flew the BrewDad’s Helicopter down to Pacific City, OR. Darron Welch the Head Brewer for Pelican Brewing and I sat down over a plate of Nachos and a SeaHops IPA and chatted. Here what he had to say.
- What was your first beer you ever drank?
Lost to the sands of time – If dad had private reserve that was special stuff
82. What was your first Craft Beer you ever had and what did you think?
Not craft beer, that didn’t have a huge effect on me. It was German Pils & Weis beer that I first fell in love with while studying abroad in Germany. Different compared to American light lager, it actually had flavor.
3. How did you get start in brewing? Homebrewer? Etc??? What was the first batch you ever made?
Returning from Germany and looking at what was available in the store. Attempting to make something that was better than what was available at the time. I don’t remember what the first beer was but I’m sure it wasn’t remarkable.
4-1. What is your favorite beer you have ever made? And why?
My beers are like my children, I love them all.
5c. If you had to live for the rest of your life with only drinking one beer and not one of your own. Who
and what beer/brewery?
This is to abstract of a question.
6d-1. What is your favorite beer style?
67. If you could create a whole new style of beer what would it be?
I can’t answer that.
A) What music do love to listen to while brewing?
No, I do not listen to music while I’m in the brewery. I wouldn’t be able to hear the machines and that’s important to keep it running properly.
24. Favorite hop(s)
Mt Hood & Centennial
77. Favorite Movie(s)
I enjoy a couple of the Star Trek films
15. What is your favorite movie Quote?
44. What is your favorite Hot sauce?
Melinda’s Hot Sauce
- If you could ask me BrewDad one question what would it be?
Why so many questions sir
Well I like questions. 😉
Thank you Darron and we look forward to Hosting Pelican Brewing Tonight at BrewDad’s Keep on brewing great beer.